Our strength is our people. Period.
We strive to provide legal services within a framework of diversity and differing perspectives.
We are always looking for the right people to join our team. We are here to support, train, and encourage our lawyers and staff, and to provide an environment that allows them to thrive. We are extremely proud of our exceptional staff and lawyers.
If you are looking for a position, then please contact us to find out more.
Senior Legal Assistant – Corporate
The duties and skills of this position include:
- Preparing corporate documentation for BC and Federal entities, including incorporations, name changes, alterations, amalgamations, restorations, dissolutions and other related transactional tasks;
- Assisting lawyers with tax driven transactions including the preparation of closing agendas and legal documentation relating to all stages of complex corporate transactions, including, among others, section 85 rollovers, section 86 share exchanges and private mergers and acquisitions
- Preparing and filing documentation for creation of and/or updating of partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations
- ;Assembling documentation for BC societies and federal not-for-profit corporations;
- Alterations to share structure and articles;
- Preparing dividend documentation (ineligible, eligible and capital);
- Redemptions, Repurchases and all other share transactions;
- Changes of Directors and Offices; and
- Conducting records book reviews and preparing documents to correct records book deficiencies.